home > macland erasmus mundus > programme & mobility tracks
Programme & mobility tracks
The Masters (120 ECTS) is integrated in order to strengthen the coherence of the programme and offers a logical and identical progression as far the main teaching units are concerned (TU 1, 2, 3, 4, 5). The compulsory student mobility track (with the exception of Semester 4) offers the same number of ECTS for all 4 semesters in order to guarantee the homogeneity of the whole programme. This is reinforced by identical teaching structures on the 3 sites (same number of modules, same number of units within each module, and same number of ECTS within each module):
- Semester 1, Saint Etienne: students learn the necessary fundamentals to know and analyse international cultural landscape, together with project management techniques and methods. A particular attention is directed toward properties and cultural landscapes particularly confronted to “human” risks and to Culture against Disaster
- Semester 2, Naples: students apply on the field what they have learnt during the preceding semester (in the 4 Cultural Landscapes classified by the Unesco). A particular attention is paid to local culture of risks. This semester leads students to a global reflection on territory planning and management (obstacles, dynamics) and its sustainable development. A particular attention will focus on the systemic description of natural risks problems.
- Semester 3, Tomar : Students get further training in management by developing modeling and enhancement tools. Through this practice, students learn how to quickly use (also in case of emergency) knowledge and skills in order to elaborate effective solutions in the ground.
A particular attention will focus on European and international expert networks or specialized institutions in this field.
- During Semester 4, students finish their study programme in one of the three universities with a personal project which will have taken form during the last three semesters. The internship period is 4 months minimum.
There are two types of internships:
RESEARCH INTERNSHIP in a laboratory in one of three universities (Saint Etienne, Naples, Tomar) or in a lab partner.
INTERNSHIP in one of the three countries of the Consortium (France, Italy or Portugal). Students must stay in one of the three countries of the Consortium, even if the project focuses on a heritage of another country, for example, a student can make his internship at UNESCO on a cultural landscape of his country.
At the end of Maclands programme, students who pass their exams will receive a multiple degree:
- Master Materiali e tecniche costruttive per il recupero del paesaggio culturale mediterraneo de l’Université Federico II de Naples
- Master Systèmes, Territoires, Environnements et Patrimoines, Mention Métiers des Patrimoines de L’Université Jean Monnet de Saint-Etienne
- Mestrado em Técnicas de Arquelogia – Area de Especializaçao em Gestao do Patrimonio Cultural de l’Institut Polytechinque de Tomar